The any time frittatas
Similar to the egg-based omelette, frittatas are great traditional Italian dish eaten as a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinnertime meal. The recipes are easier to make than an omelette, and makes the ideal meal if you are in a hurry!
Often served with cheese and vegetables, frittatas are also cooked with meat too. The egg mixture usually is solidified in a pan to begin with and then transferred to the oven to cook through. Unlike it’s brother dish the omelette, frittatas are also often served cold instead of hot, making it a great buffet dish.
Tips To Make the Perfect Frittatas
- Always whisk your eggs and add seasoning to your frittata mix before adding to the pan.
- Use a fork to evenly distribute the egg across the pan or skillet.
- Wait for the top to firm before you flip it.
- Serve in wedges like a pizza!
Things to Avoid When Making Frittatas:
- Don’t stir whilst it cooks.
- Don’t flip too early or it will be runny.
- If using cheese, grate it as thick sliced cheese will not melt easily.
- Don’t take your eye of your frittatas – once played on the broiler, it needs only a couple of minutes, so don’t let it burn!
Here are some of our favorite frittatas that you’ll love:
- Asparagus Frittata Recipes
- Ham Frittata Recipes
- Spinach and Cheese Frittata Recipes
- Mini Frittata Recipes
- Italian Frittata Recipes
What are some of your favorite frittatas?Back to all blogs