Spectacular Christmas Cookies
What Christmas Cookies are you baking this year ?
From classic to new recipes, Christmas Cookies are a quintessential Christmas tradition and make the perfect dessert or mid afternoon snack over the festive period. From classic recipes to new twists on traditional creations, there are many ways to keep your festive cookies exciting this year.
For a Simple Sugar Cookie recipe, you will need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour – sifted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter – room temperature
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. On a low speed, gradually add flour mixture. Divide dough in half; flatten each half into a disk. Wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Let one circle of dough stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes until soft enough to roll. Roll out dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to ¼ inch thick. Remove top layer of plastic.
- Cut out cookies with a 4-inch one-piece-shaped cookie cutter. To make an ornament, cut out a hole from the centre of the neck about ¼ inch from the edge using a straw. Transfer cookie dough on plastic wrap to a baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to freezer, freeze for about 15 minutes until firm. Remove baking sheet from freezer and transfer shapes to baking trays lined with non-stick baking mats. Roll out scraps, and repeat. Repeat with remaining circle of dough.
- Bake for between 15 and 18 minutes, switching positions of trays and rotating halfway through, and until edges turn golden. Allow to cool on sheets on wire racks.
Christmas Cookies Ideas
These are simple yet delicious Christmas Cookies to have at hand all through the Christmas holidays, but if you really want to “wow” your guests, why not try some of these spectacular recipes:
- Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Candy Cane Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cookie Ball Pops Recipes
- Peanut Butter Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies Recipes
- Fruit Tart Recipes
- Meringue Cookies Recipes
- Pfeffermussen Recipes